We like to brag about the efforts the Honda corporation makes in every step of the design and manufacturing of its products to be environmentally friendly. And we are not the only ones who notice that Honda is truly and industry-leader in it’s “green” efforts.
This article on Torque.com, “Honda’s philosophy will insure company’s green automotive dominance,” he gives several reasons why Honda is a global leader in environmentally friendly automotive manufacturing and why that won’t change.
- “The Fit and CV-R manufacturing facility scheduled to open in Mexico in 2014, will be the first zero manufacturing waste by product plant in North America.”
- The 2014 Honda Accord has been named “greenest car”
- It is developing fuel cell technology
- The redesigned Honda Ridgeline will be the first half-ton truck to get more 30 mpgs
- Fuel economy levels have increased 9.5% from 2012
But it all comes back to their philosophy as nicely summed up with this quote: ”Honda is not so much in the business of selling cars as it is in the business of selling products that improve and enrich people’s lives,” says Honda design engineer Toriyama.
From the manufacturing, selling, and operating of the vehicles, Honda’s automobiles are ones you can be proud to own because they are designed, not with just future owners in mind, but future generations of our world.