Hondas Beat Competition in All 3 Head-to-Head Shootouts on Cars.com
We love Hondas, so it’s no wonder that we write about how much better Hondas are than other cars. But, in an effort to show that it’s not just us who love Hondas, here’s an AWESOME article about how Honda vehicles beat out all other vehicles in three different face-offs: the $16,000 Subcompact shootout (2012 Honda Fit won), the $25,000 Compact SUV shootout (the 2012 Honda CR-V won), and the $26,000 Midsize Sedan shootout (the 2013 Honda Accord won).
Not only did Honda win, but they won each shootout by an average of 26 points. We can’t make this stuff up.
The article provides a great breakdown for the pros and cons of each car tested in each shootout, including the comments of each judge and the real-life test-family. If you are considering by a vehicle in any of these three categories, I HIGHLY recommend you read the article relevant to you because they do a great job with specifics.
Here’s what you need to know from the $16,000 Subcompact shootout:
- “The verdict: ”The Fit is a triumph of cargo volume, versatility and execution,” Wiesenfelder said, “and its powertrain is a winner. From the first moment, the Fit begged to be driven hard.” Enough said.”
- All the judges and the test-family raved about the overall roominess of the vehicle that looks much smaller on the outside then it feels on the inside. In fact, the second row seats fold UP so you can still have a flat loading space.
- It’s fun to drive. More than any of the other cars tested, the Honda Fit handled magnificently on corners, hills, bumps, etc. No need to worry about driving a puny, wimpy
car. Drive one that is fun to drive!
- It got the second best gas mileage with EPA tested 28/35 city/highway mpg. The judges got an actual gas mileage of 33.4 mpg.
- See the verdict on each individual car HERE.
- See the overview of this shootout HERE.
See our next blog to find out what the Cars.com head to head shootouts said about the 2012 Honda CR-V and 2013 Honda to make them the winners of their categories!