For about the past year, we’ve been hearing (and reading) a LOT about about the 2014 Honda Accord and how truly awesome it is. Critics love it, consumers love it.
AutoTrader.com has listed five good reasons why should buy one, if you haven’t yet and you’re in the market for one of the best vehicles out there:
- Slick Styling. Yes, it LOOKS cool.
- Powertrain Progress. 36 miles/gallon. Need we say more?
- Up-To-Date Technology. HondaLink and the rearview camera is great. Even better is that they come standard.
- Innovative Plug-In Hybrid Model. If you’ve been waiting for a plug-in vehicle, then the Accord Hybrid is the one for you. It’s got the reliability of an Accord and the innovation of the latest and greatest technology.
- Nifty Safety Features. Of which the highlight seems to the lane-departure warning system. That’s right, as you start to drift out of your lane, your 2014 Honda Accord will tell you about it. Again, comes standard.
Stop by Apple Valley Honda, Northwest Honda, or Sims Honda dealership to take the 2014 Honda Accord for a test drive and find out why there are more than five reasons to buy it!
It is true. Labor Day Weekend, the sign that summer is coming to an end, is upon us. As as sad as that is to think about, all is not lost. There is STILL time to take advantage of some very sunny deals that are part of the Honda Summer Clearance!
What kinds of deals?
- Lease a 2014 Honda Civic Sedan for $159/mo!
- Lease a 2014 Honda Accord Sedan for $189/mo!
- Lease a 2014 Honda CR-V for $209/mo!
- Lease a 2014 Honda Odyssey $269/mo!
Want something even NEWER?
- Lease a 2015 Honda Pilot for $269/mo!
- Lease a 2015 Honda Fit for $149/mo!
Stop by Apple Valley Honda, Northwest Honda, or Sims Honda dealerships to check out these Summer Clearance deals and more…before summer really ends!
- Retail car buyers choose Accord more than any other car in America1
- CR-V builds on ten years as the most popular, best-selling SUV in America2
- Accord, Civic, CR-V and Odyssey each post segment-leading retail results at the halfway mark of 20141
With the Accord and CR-V attracting retail customers in record numbers in the first half of 2014, Honda is again leading the industry with the most popular car and SUV in America, according to a Honda analysis of new-vehicle retail registration data from IHS Automotive. Based on Honda forecasts, the Accord and CR-V are on track to repeat their 2013 full-year results as top picks with U.S. retail car and SUV buyers, while CR-V continues to hold the title as the best-selling SUV in America for more than a decade.
Accord is once again the most popular car in America, with industry-leading sales to individual U.S. car buyers for the first half of 2014, while CR-V is both the retail and outright best-selling SUV based on retail registrations through June 2014, a position it’s held for seven of the past 10 years, culminating in the highest sales of any SUV in America during the past decade. Joining the Accord and CR-V as retail leaders in their segments for the first half of 2014 are the Honda Civic and Odyssey minivan.
Moreover, each of Honda’s four segment-leading models is on target to repeat its retail leadership performance from 2013, despite the fact that Honda has the lowest overall incentive spending among the top seven automakers. Three of the four models – Accord, Civic and CR-V – are each on track to earn sales in excess of 300,000 units for the second consecutive year, with fleet sales in the low single digits, as Honda targets all-time record sales in 2014.
“More individual customers put a new Honda Accord in their driveway in the first half of this year than any other new car in America, and SUV buyers continue to choose CR-V more than any other SUV in America,” said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. “While competitors rely on deep-discounts and sales to corporate and rental fleets, Honda continues to achieve steady and sustainable growth based on the quality and value of our products in the hands of individual customers.”
Honda brand highlights for the first half of 2014 include:
- Excluding full-size pickups, the Accord, Civic and CR-V continue to hold three of the top five slots – first, third and fourth, respectively – in retail registrations among individual car buyers in the first half of 2014.
- The Accord, with retail registrations totaling 181,939 units through June, has strengthened its lead over its nearest competitor in the past three months, compared to the first three months of 2014.
- Retail registrations accounted for 98.2 percent3 of all Accord registrations for the period, according to Honda analysis of IHS Automotive new-vehicle registration data.
- Civic retail registrations of 160,293 units led all compact cars, increasing its lead over the closest segment competitor, which is now more than 26,000 units, compared to cumulative totals in the first quarter of 2014.
- CR-V is America’s outright best-selling SUV of this year, and of the past decade. On a retail basis, CR-V registrations rose 6.6 percent to 153,968 units compared to the first half of last year, giving CR-V a more than 27,000-unit lead over the #2 selling vehicle in the segment so far in 2014.
- Odyssey retail registrations of 62,096 units continue to make it the top choice among retail minivan customers –at 32 percent retail segment share. As a result, Odyssey sales have comprised nearly 1 of every 3 minivans purchased by individual buyers in America in 2014.
- Honda Civic and Accord post sales of more than 32,000 each in June for increases of 8.7 and 2.1 percent respectively
- Honda CR-V posts best-ever 6-month sales performance with a gain of 6.1 percent YTD
- Total Acura truck sales were up 6.1 percent in June
- Acura MDX claims best-ever 6-month sales performance with an increase of 68.4 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported June 2014 Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 129,023 units. The Honda division posted sales of 117,817 units in June while Acura sold 11,206 units in the same period. Year-to-date American Honda sales reached 739,436 units.
Honda’s core models—Accord, Civic and CR-V—continue to set the retail pace through the first half of 2014, with the Civic up 8.7 percent and Accord increasing 2.1 percent in June. However, retail consumers appeared to take a breath last month coupled with an unusually short number of selling days, the shortest June in five years.
- Bucking a recent market shift toward SUVs, Civic is up 8.7 percent in June and 5.3 percent for the first six months of 2014—its best such period in a decade
- Accord sales rise 2.1 percent in June
- CR-V, the industry’s most popular SUV, posted a year-to-date gain of 6.1 percent for its best-ever 6-month sales performance
- Despite low inventory as supply ramps up, the all-new 2015 Fit is driving new traffic at Honda dealerships
“Despite an easing of the pace in June, the larger sales trend throughout the industry remains robust,” said Jeff Conrad, Honda division senior vice president and general manager. “Our core products remain strong and though we’re still filling its supply pipeline, the new 2015 Fit is selling very well and we expect it to add yet another strong pillar to Honda sales in the near future.”
Overall Acura sales continue to reflect the decreasing supply of TL and TSX models as the company prepares for launch of the 2015 TLX line of luxury performance sedans later this summer. With an unprecedented first half of the year, MDX and RDX continue to sell at a near record pace, pushing Acura truck sales up 6.1 percent for the month.
- Acura truck sales rise 6.1 percent in June
- MDX June sales rose 27.7 percent on sales of 4,890 units
- Posting its best-ever six-month sales performance, the Acura MDX led the division with sales of 30,644 units, an increase 68.4 percent over last year
“The MDX and RDX had a stellar first half of the year, certainly a good indicator that the Acura brand is moving in a strong direction,” said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. “While we expected the reduced supply of sedans to impact sales this summer, the upcoming launch of the all-new 2015 TLX lineup heralds a new era for the Acura brand.”
Honda announced that after 2014, the Honda Fit EV will no longer be manufactured and the Honda Insight will only be available at dealerships through the end of the year.
While we’re sad to hear that the Honda Fit EV and Insight won’t be very available much longer, we’re excited to hear that it’s because Honda is concentrating on other electric and hybrid technologies!
According to this article, “”Our path forward includes a new generation of electromotive technologies, including expanded application of our two-motor hybrid system,” said Sage Marie, American Honda spokesman, regarding the news.
The two-motor hybrid system is in the Honda Accord Plug-in and Honda Accord Hybrid. Based on consumer and critic reviews of these models, we think is very forward-thinking and wise of Honda to concentrate on expanding on this technology. Almost everyone raves about the gas mileage and performance of the Honda Accord Plug-In and Honda Accord Hybrid, so we think with Honda putting most of it’s attention on that will only make it better!
What do you think? Are you excited for Honda to focus on this technology?
The 2014 Honda Accord comes in several models, including the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in which wows owners because of its advanced technology that means you’re stopping for gas far less than any of your neighbors.
In fact, one estimate based on common driving habits has owners only stopping for gas nine times per year!
“If you are a heavy commuter or even someone who just needs a car to get around town, the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in will save you big time in gasoline costs and the time spent at the pump,” said Keith Hofkamp, general manager at Sims Honda dealership in Burlington. “Everyone wants to save money and time. The 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in lets you do both like no other vehicle on the market.”
Depending on your range and/or performance needs, there are three ways to drive the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in: electric only, hybrid and fuel-only modes.
According to this article, “For example, even with some long trips added, the test car averaged 54.1 miles per gallon with a mix of all-electric driving plus city/highway on the gasoline engine. In fact, the federal government’s www.fueleconomy.gov website estimated the tester would only need to stop at the gas station about nine times in a year if driven at its current pattern.”
“If your highest priority is the amount of gasoline your vehicle consumes, then you need to come check out the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in,” said Hofkamp.
Stop by Sims Honda, Northwest Honda or Apple Valley Honda dealership today to take the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in for a test drive!
Like all Americans, here at Sims Honda we LOVE the Fourth of July. What’s not to love? Celebrating the United States of America, family and friends, and the kick of to summer (at least here in the Northwest since summer doesn’t really start until July).
And, now, Sims is giving vehicle shoppers another reason to celebrate: awesome deals! Here’s some of what you’ll find at Sims Honda:
- $4 per DAY ($116/mo) lease for a 2014 Honda Civic LX
- $6 per DAY ($169/mo) lease for a 2014 Honda Civic LX Coupe
- $6 per DAY ($159/mo) lease for a 2014 Honda Accord
- $5 per Day ($149/mo) lease for a 2014 Honda CR-V
See all the deals HERE.
“These are honestly some of the best vehicles Honda has ever put out,” said Keith Hofkamp, general manager of Sims Honda dealership. “The new Fit and Accord continue to get rave reviews by even the most critically critics. The CR-V is new and improved and you can never go wrong with the Civic.”
Stop by Sims Honda to take one of these cars for a test drive, find out which is the best for you and then take advantage of these sizzling deals!
We all know that Honda is one of the top automotive brands in the world. A new Harris Poll EquiTrend Study, however, declared Honda “Full Line Automotive Brand of the Year.”
The writer of this article has a problem with polls, but doesn’t have any problem with Honda being the brand of the year because “the all new Honda Accord and Civic are the # 1 selling cars in their respective segment ; there’s a reason for that: Consistent quality, price, performance and both hold the highest (resale) residual value in the industry.”
Of course, you also have to include the top-selling minivan, the 2014 Honda Odyssey as a contributor to that, as well.
“Honda consistently puts out vehicles that people want to drive, that have the best resale value, and are incredibly long-lasting and dependable,” said Keith Hofkamp, general manager at Sims Honda dealership in Burlington.
The saw it the same way at Torquenews.com. “To us this is no -brainer. Looking to the streets of any-town North America, we find decades old Honda Accords and Civic coupes and sedans selling in the mid 5 figures. No other brand can touch Honda for brand loyalty, longevity and long-term resale value.”
Stop by Sims Honda, Northwest Honda, or Apple Valley Honda dealership today to find out why Hondas have been and always will be some of the most popular vehicles available.
- Accord recognized as one of the top family sedans for the second straight year by parenting and car experts
- Odyssey featured in Best Minivan category on annual list
The 2014 Honda Accord (www.automobiles.honda.com/Accord) and 2014 Odyssey minivan (www.automobiles.honda.com/Odyssey) have both been named to the 10 Best Family Cars list compiled by the experts at Parents magazine and Edmunds.com. The two family-friendly Honda vehicles – each earning the highest possible rating ofTOP SAFETY PICK+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) – were selected out of hundreds of models for excelling in the key areas of safety, convenience features, performance and value.
“The Accord and Odyssey lead their segments in the areas that matter most to the family buyer – safety ratings, fuel efficiency, value and innovative features,” said Jeff Conrad, Honda division senior vice president and general manager. “As the top vehicles in their segments in sales to individual buyers, we know families appreciate the hard work we’ve put into making these vehicles value and performance leaders.”
The Accord was recognized as one of the top sedans for families by Parents magazine and Edmunds.com for the second straight year. The Accord features sophisticated styling, fuel-efficient powertrains and advanced technology features like the available LaneWatch™ display and a standard multi-view rearview camera. With safety a top shopping consideration for families, the Accord shined by earning the highest possible rating of TOP SAFETY PICK+ from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and nabbing the best possible rating from National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in its New Car Assessment Program (NCAP) testing with a 5 Star Overall Vehicle Score.
The Odyssey was also recognized as one of the best minivans for families on the 10 Best Family Cars annual list. As the top-selling minivan to individual retail car buyers in the U.S., the Odyssey continues to lead its class in the areas that families look for when selecting a vehicle like fuel efficiency, safety, interior spaciousness and driving experience. The Odyssey was the only minivan to earn the highest possible rating of IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+, and the Odyssey has earned the best possible overall safety rating from NHTSA with a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score. Additionally, the Odyssey is rated at a remarkable 28 mpg highway, the highest EPA fuel economy rating of any eight-passenger minivan.
For more information about Parents magazine and Edmunds.com’s list of the 10 Best Family Cars for 2014, please visitwww.parents.com and www.edmunds.com. The full list will be featured in the July 2014 issue of Parents magazine.
Just in case you need more convincing about how awesome the 2014 Honda Accord hybrid is and why it’s pretty much better than every other hybrid in its class, check out this brief article and the accompanying two minute video from AutoTrader.com. They can’t make it any easier.
- Fuel economy (50/45 mpgs)
- Price (starts at just around $30,000)
- Spacious interior (perfect for a family sedan)
- Drives like an Accord
- Plug-in version available (who doesn’t love options?)
“The 2014 Honda Accord hybrid is just incredible,” said Keith Hofkamp, general manager at Sims Honda dealership in Burlington. “Even if you’re not really sure about getting a mid-size sedan, come take it for a test drive. Even if you’re not sure about getting a hybrid, come take it for a test drive. I can guarantee that it will surprise in at least one way. The technology, drivability, power, fuel economy, Lane Watch feature…there’s going to be something you will most likely fall in love with.”
Stop by Sims Honda, Northwest Honda, or Apple Valley Honda today to take the 2014 Honda Accord hybrid for a test drive!