The 2013 Honda Accord has received the much sought after blessing of Consumer Reports, the very respected consumer watchdog organization. ConsumerReports.org stated that Honda has met the expectations (and pressure) of redesigning the ever in-demand Accord with the 2013 Honda Accord. While the praise of the 2013 Honda Accord in this article by Consumer Reports (based on their “brief stint” when the car first came out in September) is somewhat reserved, it is nonetheless positive.
According to Consumer Reports’ initial review, “The Accord should certainly hold its own in both the marketplace, and barring unforeseen surprises, in our Ratings.”
Even better, in this article written a couple months later, Consumer Reports said Honda “nailed” the redesign of the Accord (and also blasts some other new sedans like the 2013 Subaru Legacy).
“The new Accord is roomy, nice to drive, well equipped, and very fuel efficient.”
Here are a few of the highlights that Consumer Reports say are improved in the newest edition of the Accord:
- Steering is better and more responsive
- Road noise is decreased
- The continuously variable transmission (CVT) is well integrated
- All trims come standard with USB connection, Bluetooth and “most impressively,” a backup camera
- Upper trims come with forward-collision technology , lane departure warning system, and a camera/screen to help you see your passenger side blind spot (LaneWatch blind-spot camera system)
- Competitive pricing: the four cylinder LX model starts at just $23,270.
The good news from Consumer Reports doesn’t stop there. “Inside, you are treated to one of the best driving positions available, comfortable seats, and terrific visibility.”
So, don’t just take it from us. Take it from the consumer advocates and Consumer Reports: the 2013 Honda Accord is the best new family sedan with room for everyone, handling to be jealous of, technology out the tailpipe, and gas mileage that leads its class.
Stop by Sims Honda, Northwest Honda, or Apple Valley Honda dealerships for you chance to take a 2013 Honda Accord for a test drive!